Bachelor of Arts (Honours or General) in Dramatic Art
- Provides a broad education in theatre with courses in the technical, theory, and performance streams
- Courses include: directing, theatre history, lighting, scenic and costume design, stage management and performance
- Opportunity through labs for hands-on work in all areas of production at University Players
The Honours Bachelor of Arts in Dramatic Art program will provide you with a strong, participatory liberal arts degree in theatre studies. This program makes it possible for you to customize your degree to meet your career goals as a theatre practitioner/artist by choosing to study a concentration in the areas of performance, history/theory, and/or design/technical theatre.
The option to combine your theatre degree with a secondary area of study in the arts and social sciences is also a popular route. The opportunity to earn a certificate in arts management while completing this degree provides you with the added professional training through internships with local arts organizations.
For those students who desire a broad exposure to the theatre, courses in acting, improvisation, contemporary theatre and Canadian theatre practice, directing, and television production are available.
This degree prepares you for direct entry into the theatre profession or, perhaps, could lead you towards graduate studies for further learning and specialization.
Course Descriptions - Dramatic Art
Department - School of Dramatic Art
- Minimum admission average of 70%
- Mean admission average of 80%
- ENG4U is required
- Students may choose to double major in any BA Honours program
- Theatre artist
- Teacher (with additional studies)
- Arts management
- Costume, lighting and set design
- Stage management
- Theatre for social action practitioner
- Graduate studies in design, stage management and academic theatre
- Related careers: technical direction, production co-ordination and tour co-ordination
- View the Dramatic Art program guide (PDF format)
- Request more information
- Admission Requirements
- How to Apply
Student Recruitment Office
Toll-Free (Canada/US): 1-800-864-2860