Concurrent General Bachelor of Arts (History)/Bachelor of Education
- Offered jointly over five years by the Department of History and the Faculty of Education.
- Prepares individuals to teach at the intermediate and senior levels (grades 7 – 12), with a particular emphasis on teaching History and a second teachable
- Graduates of this program will receive two degrees and will acquire the necessary skills and knowledge for teaching History in the English language school system (Public or Roman Catholic) and fulfill the requirements for recommendation for certification to the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Offers students the opportunity to begin working towards teaching certification early in their academic careers.
- Students can qualify for the General Bachelor of Arts (History) degree while concurrently studying education and practice teaching in schools. Practice Teaching begins in Year One of the program.
- Enrollment limited to 20 students.
Admission is to first-year only with a minimum of 75%