Mechanical Engineering includes two broad areas of study: thermofluids (which involves heat and power) and solid mechanics (designing mechanical parts, determining the forces on those parts during operation, and analyzing their performance as part of larger machines and systems.)
Provides the opportunity to design, produce and operate the mechanical systems that move us, comfort us and make our lives better.
- Teaches the manufacturing, maintenance and logistics that serve the aerospace industry
- Involves the application of aerospace-related skills toward developing the next generation of aerospace materials, production methods and components, and toward improving aerospace operational challenges
- Explores the exciting automotive industry in one of Canada’s original and most diverse programs in automotive engineering education
- Includes the study and application of the core technologies, practices and concepts behind the design, manufacturing and business of the automotive sector
- Includes the application of mechanical know-how to solve the sustainability challenges that face our world
- Combines mechanical engineering with courses in air pollution control, water/wastewater treatment, noise, environmental assessment and waste management
- Explores the structure and properties of metals, ceramics, polymers and composites
- Offers specialization in processing operations such as casting, welding and metal forming
Minimum Admission Average: 74%
Secondary Admission Average: 74%
All programs take a common first year.
ENG4U, MHF4U, SCH4U and SPH4U required. MCV4U is strongly recommended.
Engineering second average is the average of all math and science courses except biology.
- State-of-the-art manufacturing and production
- Systems design/operation/building/maintenance
- Pollution control and prevention
- Advanced computing and communications
- Medicine and medical technology
- Bio-based engineering
- Research and development
- Structural design
- Failure analysis
- Construction and infrastructure renewal
- Scheduling and optimization
- Automotive industry
- Environmental protection
- Project, process and systems management
- Robotics and advanced electronics
- Power generation and distribution