Philosophy enables us to reflect on questions of who we are and how we should live. It is crucial to intelligent decision making in all spheres of life. Students of philosophy have made important contributions to life across the spectrum of occupations. Studying philosophy provides you with advanced reading, writing, and critical skills that open many doors.
- Necessary in a world with rapid scientific, technological, environmental, political, cultural and economic changes
- Cultivates the ability to understand and criticize underlying principles of action and belief
- Not an ivory tower pursuit
- Develops the ability to systematically question and criticize accepted practices and beliefs and to argue rigorously in support of unexplored possibilities
- Investigates the most important problems facing our world
- Involves UWindsor philosophers who are at the forefront of research into sound and unsound reasoning, the roots of environmental crisis, the possibility of artificial intelligence, women’s struggle for equality, and the future of democracy and a rational society
Minimum Admission Average: 70%
Mean Admission Average: 80%
Students may choose to double major in any BA Honours program.
- Law (with additional studies)
- Civil service
- Education (with additional studies)
- Any job that values careful, creative and critical thinking