(5 year Concurrent General Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Bachelor of Education and Diploma in Early Childhood Education)
This program is offered jointly over five years by the Faculty of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, and the Faculty of Education, in co-operation with St. Clair College.
The aim is to provide the opportunity and preparation to individuals who wish to teach at the preschool and primary-junior levels.
Graduates receive two degrees and a diploma and acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to fulfill the requirements to be recommended for certification to the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Program prepares individuals to teach at the preschool and Primary-Junior levels (Grades JK - 6).
- Offers students the opportunity to begin working towards teaching certification early in their academic careers.
- Students can qualify for the General Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) degree while concurrently studying education and doing practice teaching in schools.
- Practice Teaching begins in Year One of the program.
- Enrollment limited to 20 students
Minimum Admission Average: 75%