Bachelor of Arts (General) in Visual Arts/Bachelor of Education
- Program prepares individuals to teach at the intermediate and senior levels (grades 7 – 12), with a particular emphasis on teaching Visual Art and a second teachable. Intermediate Senior candidates choose two teaching subjects.
- Options for Concurrent Visual Arts second teachable: English, History, French (ten courses required for second teachable), Health and Physical Education, Music – Vocal or Instrumental (ten courses required for second teachable), Social Sciences.
- Graduates of this program will receive two degrees and will acquire the necessary skills and knowledge for teaching Visual Art in the English language school system (Public or Roman Catholic school system) and fulfill the requirements for recommendation for certification to the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Offers students the opportunity to begin working towards teaching certification early in their academic careers. Students can qualify for the Bachelor of Arts (Visual Art) degree while concurrently studying education and doing practice teaching in schools. Practice Teaching courses begin in Year One of the program.
- Enrollment limited to 20 students.
Minimum Admission Average: 75%