(5-year Concurrent Bachelor of Arts in Communication, Media and Film (General) and Bachelor of Education)
Concurrent General Bachelor of Arts (Communication, Media and Film)/Bachelor of Education
- Offered jointly over five years by the Department of Communication, Media and Film and the Faculty of Education.
- Prepares individuals to teach at the intermediate and senior levels (grades 7 – 12), with a particular emphasis on teaching Communications Technology and a second teachable.
- Graduates of this program will receive two degrees and will acquire the necessary skills and knowledge for teaching Communications Technology in the English language school system (Public or Roman Catholic) and fulfill the requirements for recommendation for certification to the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Offers students the opportunity to begin working towards teaching certification early in their academic careers.
- Students can qualify for the General Bachelor of Arts (Communication, Media and Film) degree while concurrently studying Education and practice teaching in schools. Practice teaching begins in Year One of the program.
- Enrolment limited to 20 students.
Minimum Admission Average: 75%
Admission to first year only.