At UWindsor, you can pursue combined studies in mathematics and statistics. Our program includes a core of rigorous courses designed to develop mathematical problem-solving and communication skills and to increase knowledge of mathematical structures and applications.
Minimum Admission Average: 70%
Secondary Admission Average: 70%*
ENG4U, MHF4U and MCV4U required. SPH4U is recommended.
*Second Science/Math average is the average of all science and math courses.
- Industrial and academic research and development
- Government, medical, and financial institutions
- Actuarial science (insurance, pensions, benefits)
- Computer science
- Graduate programs in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, operations research and such related fields as economics
- Education (if enrolled in concurrent program)
- Law (with additional studies)
- Medicine (with additional studies)
According to yearly editions of The Jobs Rated Almanac, which rates the top 200 jobs using such criteria as income, outlook, security, stress and work environment, careers based on mathematics make up the bulk of the Top 10 jobs. In 2015, actuary was first, mathematician was third, statistician was fourth, and data scientist was sixth. Most of the top 100 involved math.