At UWindsor, we can help you to make the transition to university with confidence.
ARTS, HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Our student mentors are here for you to help build your comfort level during class discussions, gain a deeper understanding of your material, or learn critical thinking and communication skills.
The Odette Student Success Centre’s highly skilled advisors can provide you with academic advising, career services information, and first-year support and tutoring. The H.O.U.S.E. (Helping Odette Undergraduate Students Excel) Program supports the transition of students into undergraduate studies at the Odette School of Business.
The WINONE Office for First Year Engineering promotes a positive, first-year learning experience for engineering students by offering academic counselling and information about support services across campus. It also promotes mentoring of engineering students by fellow undergraduate and graduate engineering students to create a positive, inclusive, and respectful learning environment.
All first-year HK students are automatically provided with a student mentor through the Kin-One First Year Experience Program. You will learn how to get involved, receive ongoing student support, academic and career counselling, connect with other students and build skills for a successful transition into first year.
Faculty and staff are devoted to student success within a professional learning environment. Your education experience is enhanced by support services that include academic and career advising (Student Success Coordinator), mental health counselling exclusively available to nursing students (Clinical Therapist), peer mentors (Nursing Lab), and student-led involvement (Nursing Society).
The USci Network is a program that supports and promotes student success in Science by providing collaborative and integrative opportunities to enrich the student experience. Through initiatives focused on academic support, career planning, mental health and wellness, peer mentoring, creativity and diversity, the USci Network encourages science students to develop their leadership, engagement, application and discovery skills.
Other opportunities include:
- MySci Advisor Program matches first-year science students with an experienced, upper-year student for advice and guidance about their program
- Math and Stats Learning Centre
- Awards for best mentor-mentee in Forensic Science
- Advice on course selection, program and degree requirements
Student Accessibility Services
- Advising and supports for students with disabilities who require academic accommodations
- BUILD—a multi-day program to help transition to university for students with documented learning disabilities and/or ADHD
International Student Centre
- A range of services to support international students and activities to engage and promote UWindsor’s diverse and vibrant student body
- Soft Landing Program for new international students
- Head Start Orientation—an orientation program designed to help you be successful in your first year
- Welcome Week—ease your transition into university life by getting to know the campus community through social and academic programming before classes begin
Student Success and Leadership Centre
- Alternative Spring Break – a service learning program where teams of students are immersed into the culture of a host community or organization
- Co-Curricular Record – records experiences outside the classroom for students to share with employers and graduate schools
- External Awards – learn more about scholarships and other significant awards
- Leadership and volunteer programs
- Outstanding Scholars Program
- STEPS (Skills to Enhance Personal Success)—offers workshops on exam preparation/execution, time management and much more
- Designed for students who did not achieve their academic goals in first semester and want a fresh approach to their studies
- A mentoring program for first-year students
- 200 student clubs on campus, including Amnesty International, the Comic Book Club, Campus Pride Centre, and the Young African Union
Writing Support Desk
- Helps with writing needs
Student Support Services