At UWindsor, we can help you to make the transition to university with confidence.
ARTS, HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Our student mentors are there for you with such things as helping to build your comfort level during class discussions, gaining a deeper understanding of your material, or learning critical thinking and communication skills.
The Odette Student Success Centre’s highly skilled advisors can provide you with academic advising, career services information, and first-year support and tutoring.
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
WINONE promotes a positive, first-year learning experience for engineering students by offering counselling, teaching life skills and how to take responsibility for oneself.
All first-year HK students are automatically members of the Kin-One First Year Experience Program. You can learn how to get more involved, discuss course selections and possible career paths and goals, connect with other students, ask questions, and have a great first year!
Faculty and staff are devoted to student success within a professional learning environment. Your education experience is enhanced by support services that include academic and career advising (Student Success Coordinator), mental health counselling exclusively available to nursing students (Clinical Therapist), peer mentors (Nursing Lab), and student-led involvement (Nursing Society).
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
The MySci Advisor Program matches first-year science students with an experienced, upper-year student for advice and guidance about their program. There are also a number of other opportunities:
- Math and Stats Learning Centre
- Awards for best mentor-mentee in Forensic Science
Academic Advising Accessibility Services
- Advising and supports for students who have or need accommodations
- BUILD—a multi-day program to help transition to university for students with documented learning disabilities and/or ADHD
International Students Centre
- A range of services to support international students and activities to engage and promote UWindsor’s diverse and vibrant student body
- Head Start Orientation—Make your schedule and explore the campus
- Welcome Week—ease your transition into university life by getting to know the campus community before classes begin
Student Success and Leadership Centre
- Leadership programs
- Outstanding Scholars Program
- STEPS (Skills to Enhance Personal Success) - offers workshops on exam preparation/execution, time management and much more
- Designed for students who did not achieve their academic goals in first semester and want a fresh approach to their studies
- A mentoring program for first-year students
Student Clubs—200+ student clubs on campus, including Amnesty International, the Comic Book Club, Campus Pride Centre, and the Young African Union