Here we have outlined the process of becoming a LEAD event volunteer. You can use this as a guide to submitting an application and completing all necessary tasks if hired. The first 5 steps must be completed by all event volunteers, and additional steps depending on if you are volunteering for Head Start, Welcome Week, or both.
Step 1: Submit your application
- If you are new to the LEAD program, you are only able to apply to the Standard Stream positions.
- Returning volunteers are invited to apply for the Intermediate Stream or the Advanced Stream and can find more information here.
- Applications will be available on February 2020. Applications are due sometime in March 2020.
- General Selection Workshops: there are five GSW available, on your application, you will select ONE to attend. Attendance is mandatory.
Step 2: Attend your previously selected GSW
- Attend the ONE GSW training date you selected on your application.
- The GSW will be a bunch of team orientated activities used to see how you work in groups.
- Just be yourself and have fun!
- Sign up for one of two General Training dates at your GSW.
Step 3: Accept your Volunteer Offer
- Offers will be sent out on March 19th to candidates who have been selected as a LEAD event volunteer.
- Check your email for your offer.
Step 4: Attend General Training
- All volunteers are required to attend their previously registered for General Training dates
Step 5: Complete your AODA training
- AODA stands for the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
- All volunteers are required to complete this online training
- It will be emailed to you by the Lead Student Coordinator at the conclusion of General Training
- AODA modules must be completed by Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Step 6: Complete the event specific training
- You were able to sign up to be an event volunteer at HeadStart, Welcome Week, or both HeadStart and Welcome Week.
- Click the button below to find additional steps depending on which event you signed up to volunteer at.
- If you signed up for both HeadStart and Welcome Week you must complete BOTH sections.