The Aeronautics Leadership Program at the University of Windsor was developed in response to the growing demand for pilots and leaders in aviation and aerospace. Working in partnership with industry, we have gathered together a team of highly qualified people who draw upon their knowledge and years of experience to deliver an academic program that offers excellence in the classroom and in the field. Our program also offers unique professional networking and employment opportunities for our graduates.
- Minimum Admissions Average: 70%
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Liberal Arts and Professional Studies - Aeronautics Leadership
- Mean Admissions Average: 80%
- Admission Requirements: ENG4U,and MHF4U, MCV4U, MDM4U or SPH4U
The Aeronautics Leadership Program is comprised of:
- Students complete 40 courses in the areas of Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Business, Science and Engineering.
- Six (6) of the required courses must be taken from a selection of Leadership-focused courses.
- Eight (8) of the required courses are Practicum in Professional Development, Pilot Training, which is credit given for Ground school and flight training done at Journey Air each semester.
- Up to nine (9) courses can be taken in areas of the student's choosing, making it possible for students to explore more areas of learning, or complete a Minor in another area of interest.
- While students complete course work toward their BA (Honours) they are simultaneously working towards their Commercial Pilot's Licence
- Year One: Private Pilot's Licence
- Year Two: Commercial Pilot's Licence
- Year Three: Commercial Pilot's Licence (cont.), Multi Engine Rating and Category 1 Instrument Rating
- Year Four: Additional time building towards the Airline Transport Pilot License. Opportunity to be selected to pursue an Instructor Rating.