About the Alumni Association
Through service to the University of Windsor, the Alumni Association adds value to the lives of alumni and friends. In partnership with alumni and friends, the Association fosters pride in the University and enhances the UWindsor reputation through communication, celebration of success and the development of lifelong relationships with graduates past, present and future.
Distinguished Alumni Pinner Volunteer Job Description (Job ID: V5-2018)
The Distinguished Alumni Convocation Pinner is responsible for formally welcoming new graduates to the Alumni Association by providing University of Windsor Alumni Pins to each graduate during convocation ceremonies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Attend scheduled convocation ceremony.
- Distinguished Alumni Pinners are gowned and represent the Alumni Association during the convocation ceremony.
- As graduates cross and exit the stage, provide Alumni Association pins to each graduate and welcome them into the Alumni Association.
Skills / Qualifications
Required skills / qualifications include:
- Must be alumni of the University of Windsor.
- Friendly, outgoing and comfortable engaging with new people.
- Approximately 1-2 hours dependent on the number of students convocating.
- Indoor, climate-controlled environment.
- Weekdays, weekends and evening work may be required for this role (dependent on convocation schedule).
- This role requires standing and/or sitting for long periods of time, possibly upwards of 1-2 hours.
- Some repetitive tasks may be required, such as placing pins on new graduates’ gowns.
- Must have access to transportation on the day of the event
Accessibility & Inclusion
The Alumni Relations and Advancement department, in collaboration with the University of Windsor Alumni Association is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation please contact email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the policy of the University of Windsor Alumni Relations department to provide equal opportunities without regard to race, colour, religion, national original, gender, sexual preference, age or disability.
Please be advised that a limited number of volunteer opportunities exist. Although the Alumni Association may not be able to accept all applicants, applications and resumes will be retained electronically for 12 months. Should future volunteer opportunities become available that match your skills and experience, the Alumni Relations and Advancement Office will reach out accordingly.