Thank you for your interest in volunteering on the Alumni Association's Sports Hall of Fame Committee. Please review the role description below and complete the application form before 11:59 pm on Friday, October 30 to be considered.
Alumni Sports Hall of Fame Committee Member Role Description
About the University of Windsor Alumni Association
Through service to the University of Windsor, the Alumni Association adds value to the lives of alumni and friends. In partnership with alumni and friends, the Association fosters pride in the University and enhances the UWindsor reputation through communication, celebration of success and the development of lifelong relationships with graduates past, present and future.
- This position, in collaboration with other committee members, is responsible for reviewing and choosing nominations that will go onto the Alumni Sports Hall of Fame ballot annually. The committee also offers guidance to administration regarding the annual Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend and participate in Alumni Sports Hall of Fame committee meetings as scheduled.
- With other Committee Executive members, provide fair and impartial review and choose nominations that will go onto each annual ballot for voting. (Voting is not done by the executive committee.)
- Support the recruitment of new members to the Alumni Sports Hall of Fame Committee and be an ambassador for the UWindsor Sports Hall of Fame.
- Support the professional staff within the Alumni Relations Office.
Skills / Qualifications
Required skills / qualifications include:
- A general interest and passion for Lancer Athletics.
- Knowledge and history of sport.
- Former Lancer athlete, fan (former or current), love of sport.
- Preference given to graduates of the University of Windsor.
- The Alumni Sports Hall of Fame Committee meets three times per year (minimal) and on an ad hoc basis where required.
- Committee meetings traditionally take place in December, February and May.
- Attend the Alumni Sports Hall of Fame induction ceremony where possible, which takes place each September/October during Alumni Week.
- May include weekday (during regular office hours), weekend or evening meetings and can be attended virtually.
The Alumni Relations and Advancement department, in collaboration with the University of Windsor Alumni Association is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- It is the policy of the University of Windsor Alumni Relations department to provide equal opportunities without regard to race, colour, religion, national original, gender, sexual preference, age or disability.
Please be advised that a limited number of volunteer opportunities exist. Although the Alumni Association may not be able to accept all applicants, applications and resumes will be retained electronically for 12 months. Should future volunteer opportunities become available that match your skills and experience, the Alumni Relations and Advancement Office will reach out accordingly.
If you meet the qualifications listed above and would like to apply for the position, please complete the form, below.