Argumentation Studies addresses the activities and principles through which people reason:
- To persuade others through verbal or other forms of communication
- Collaboratively or competitively
- On any topic where information, knowledge, or claims conflict or are inconsistent
Expertise in argumentation provides unique & powerful training for a range of careers from human resources and conflict resolution to policy development, research, and education.
The interdisciplinary PhD program in Argumentation Studies:
- Builds on 40 years of the Informal logic movement in the Department of Philosophy and the current interdisciplinary environment of the Centre for Research in Reasoning, Argumentation & Rhetoric (CRRAR)
- Complements that longstanding strength with perspectives and applications from across the traditional academic disciplines and various professional fields at Windsor:
To learn about the sort of research that goes on in the program and the decades of argumentation research at Windsor that it builds on, visit CRRAR. To join the mailing list for CRRAR events, write: email@example.com.
For specific question about the PhD program, please write the Graduate Coordinator, Dr. Boulos, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch the TEDx UWindsor presentation by faculty member, Dr. Hundleby: "Live to Argue Another Day."
Visit us on our Facebook page!