University of Windsor Campus Community Police
Committed to the University of Windsor Community
As we begin the Fall Term with the gradual return to campus of staff and students, we want to remind the Campus Community that Campus Community Police provides onsite policing and security services to the University of Windsor and its surrounding lands and properties 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. The University of Windsor places a high priority on the public safety of the campus community. The safety and well-being of students, faculty, staff, and visitors is our number one priority.
Campus Community Police are committed to providing:
- A highly visible security presence on campus;
- Security for all University buildings and property;
- Security for special events in special circumstances;
- A reliable 24‐hour response to both routine and emergency calls for security and/or police service and violations of university safety, security and conduct policies and University bylaws.
Since March of 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic has presented unique challenges for our organization. Through it all, our we have continued to provide an essential service to our campus community during what can only be described as unprecedented times. We would like to welcome everyone back to campus. You can expect to see our Special Constables patrolling on foot, bicycle, and vehicle. I encourage you to speak to us on patrol or at our station if you have any questions about our campus, our services, or if you need to report an incident.
Lastly, I would like to encourage everyone to download the Safe Lancer Mobile App if you haven’t already done so. The App is used for COVID screening but also has many other features including:
- One-touch access to Campus Police and Windsor Police (emergency and non-emergency numbers)
- Personal "blue light" button for pedestrians on campus to contact Campus Police immediately.
- Virtual Walk home features which allow Campus Police (or a friend in lieu of Campus Police) to follow a walker online to their destination
- "Chat with Campus Police" dispatcher directly using the app
- National Weather Service and Environment Canada alerts to the home screen.
- Puch notifications from UWindsor Alert for campus emergencies
- Report-a-Tip to Campus Police in numerous ways online via the app
- Access to all campus emergency plans and procedures
- Crime map—see all Campus Police and Windsor Police reported crimes on a geo-located map
- Access to on and off-campus support services
- Quick links to Campus Police social media platforms