Career Development & Experiential Learning is now on Blackboard!
We’ve launched a new Blackboard Organization site full of tools and resources you can access at any time to support all aspects of your job search and career planning. It’s also where we’ll host our scheduled online workshops and virtual drop-in hours.
Log in to blackboard.uwindsor.ca and paste this link into your browser after a successful login: blackboard.uwindsor.ca/webapps/uwin-utils-BBLEARN/join?p=1c7eff5d-1f7b-4191-8695-a614c8c03e3c
Alternatively, you can follow the instructions below. Once enrolled, you will see the site on your Blackboard homepage under “My Organizations”.
How to Enroll: Step by Step
- Once logged into Blackboard, navigate to "Organizations" from the menu at the top of the screen.
- Type “Career” (without quotes) into the Organization Search box.
- One of your search results should be "CDEL" - hover your mouse over the result and a small grey circle with the arrow in it should appear.
- When you click on the grey arrow, you will be able to see an "Enroll" option.
- Click the "Submit" button on the next page to confirm your enrolment.
- When you navigate back to your Blackboard homepage, you will see the CDEL site listed under “My Organizations” and can link to it from there.
Navigating the Site
Once you've joined the site, there are three modules in the menu you'll want to get familiar with, as described below.
- Announcements - Upcoming events and news from CDEL!
- Career Tools and Resources - Career development and job search content and tools curated for you to access any time you are looking to answer questions like these:
- Where do I Begin?
- How Can I Gain Skills and Experience?
- How Do I Make a Great Resume?
- How Do I Make a Great Cover Letter?
- How Do I Make a Great Curriculum Vitae (CV)?
- How Do I Create a LinkedIn Profile?
- What Are the Best Ways to Search for a Job?
- How Do I Connect with People and Why is it Important?
- How Do I Ace a Job Interview?
- Virtual Workshop and Advising Room - Use this module to attend our online workshops or virtual drop-in sessions with a career advisor.
Not Interested Anymore?
If you'd like to be removed from our Blackboard site, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Blackboard Removal Request" in the subject line.