Help with Technology Tools
Need help with technology tools? Here are some resources to use:
- Blackboard support for students can be found at: http://apps.medialab.uwindsor.ca/ctl/bbproject/student-help.html
Blackboard’s Virtual Classroom:
- If your professor is using Blackboard’s Virtual Classroom, a tutorial may have been added to your Blackboard site. If it’s not there, ask your professor to add it.
Outlook 365 Email
- The Microsoft help page includes a searchable database of information:
- The IT Services Support page includes a searchable database of information specific the UWindsor: https://www.uwindsor.ca/itservices/support
- The Microsoft Teams information page includes a Quick Start Guide for using Teams.
(Note: Zoom is not a UWindsor supported application):
- Zoom’s support site includes many video tutorials: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
(Note: Google Docs is not a UWindsor supported application. Microsoft 365 is the recommended and supported platform.):
- The Google Docs support page includes training and support as well as a handy cheat sheet: https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/9282664?hl=en
Tutorials for Technology
University of Windsor provides students with free access to LinkedIn Learning, which provides a wide variety of video tutorials.
If you are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19 and/or are unable to afford the necessary equipment to participate in the online EL activity, visit Student Awards and Financial Aid:
For accessibility issues, visit Student Accessibility Services: https://www.uwindsor.ca/studentaccessibility/297/student-information