Welcome to the Chemical Control Centre (CCC)
The University of Windsor's one-stop source for hazardous materials on campus.
Important COVID-19 Information
The Chemical Control Centre is here to provide support for research while the University of Windsor is operating on an essential services model. We have changed our operations to fit the current model and to practice social distancing.
We are available Monday to Friday 8:30am-4:30pm through phone and email to answer questions and to accept requests. Please email email@example.com or call 519-253-3000 x3523.
If you require anything from the CCC, please email us ahead of time so our staff can get it ready for you during staffed hours.
Thank you for your patience,
Chemical Control Centre Staff
COVID-19 prevention measures
The most effective ways to reduce the spread of illness are staying home as much as possible, frequent handwashing, and physical distancing. In cases where physical distancing is difficult, Public Health Agency of Canada is recommending the use of masks.
The proper use of a non-medical mask (e.g. cloth mask) is an additional measure to prevent the spread of illness.
- Ensure the face covering is clean and dry.
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds before touching the mask. If none is available, use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Ensure your hair is away from your face.
- Place the face covering over your nose and mouth and secure to your head or ears with its ties or elastics. Adjust if needed to ensure nose and mouth are fully covered.
- The mask should fit snugly to the cheeks and there should not be any gaps.
- Wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer after adjusting your mask.
While wearing a non-medical mask or face covering, it is important to avoid touching your face. If you do touch your mask or face, you should immediately wash your hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds, or use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
How to remove a non-medical mask or face covering
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If none is available, use hand sanitizer with a minimum 60% alcohol base.
- Remove the face covering by un-tying it or removing the loops from your ears. Avoid touching the front of the mask when removing it.
- Dispose of masks properly in a lined garbage bin after use. The mask can be placed and sealed in a plastic bag temporarily until it can be properly disposed.
- After removing the face covering, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. or hand sanitizer with a minimum 60% alcohol base.
How to wear a fabric mask
The mission of the CCC is to promote the safe use of hazardous materials by the University community through organised acquisition, distribution, disposal and training services.
Our Values & Guiding Principles
Our Hours of Operation
The Chemical Control Centre is open
Monday - Friday
8:30am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm – 4:30pm.