Degrees offered: M.A.
Department: Communication, Media and Film
Admission requirements for all graduate programs.
- An Honours BA in Communication/Media Studies or a cognate field
- A Minimum of 70% Average in the final two years of Undergraduate study
Deadlines for entrance scholarships - note that the deadline to be considered for an entrance scholarship may be earlier than the program application deadline listed below.
The following admission requirements are specific to the Communication and Social Justice M.A. program:
Deadline for Fall: January 15 every year
Deadline for Winter: N/A
Deadline for May: N/A
Minimum IELTS score of 7.0 IELTS or Minimum TOEFL score of 100 (ibt)
- Statement of purpose (approx. 500 words)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume.
- Writing sample (10-15 pages)
- Two academic letters of reference
(519) 253-3000 x2897
Meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the program. Admission is a competitive process that varies according to the quality and quantity of applicants each year.
Students with significant experience in social justice-related activities are also encouraged to apply. Students with such equivalent experience and lacking formal admission requirements may be admitted to the Master’s l qualifying year to complete courses prior to formal admission to the program