The Windsor chapter of Students Offering Support (SOS) is holding sessions to provide tutoring prior to final exams in several courses, but organizers say its Exam-AID program has more than one benefit: the money raised supports educational projects in Latin America.
The SOS model is simple, says public relations executive Jessaline Fynbo: “Volunteers raise marks of Windsor students through tutoring sessions to raise roofs in marginalized communities in countries such as Peru, Guatemala, and Nicaragua.”
She says the tutors are selected for their own success in the relevant courses and excellent communication skills.
“Whether students need help with grasping overarching background material, practicing review questions, rehearsing through mock exams, or simply gaining more confidence in themselves, our tutors do it all,” Fynbo says.
Exam-AID tutoring sessions for December 2013 include:
- 03-59-250 Inorganic Chemistry I
- 03-62-140 Differential Calculus
- 03-259-230 Organic Chemistry I
- 03-59-150 General Chemistry I
- 03-55-141 Cell Biology
- 03-62-120 Linear Algebra
- 03-55-211 Genetics
- 03-59-240 Introductory to Physical Chemistry
- 03-65-205 Statistics for the Sciences
- 02-46-116 Introduction to Psychology
- 033-41-110 Introduction to Economics I
- 04-70-151 Financial Accounting
- 04- 70-255 Principals of Managerial Accounting
- 02-46-228 Abnormal Psychology
- 02-46-115 Introduction to Psychology
- 06-85-111 Engineering Mechanics I
For additional information or to register, visit www.windsor.soscampus.com.