The Student Mental Health Strategy Fund invites proposals from students, faculty, or staff for projects that foster a community of caring and promote campus mental health.
The University of Windsor invests $24,000 through the fund each year, with the next application deadline Oct. 1.
In addition to financial support, applicants can be provided with potential collaboration opportunities with campus partners and supports from the Wellness Outreach Office.
In the winter term 2020, $14,000 was disbursed to student groups and departments to fund prevention and intervention efforts, including:
- a Collegiate Recovery Program for students with addictions,
- a therapy dog in the Faculty of Engineering,
- Muslim chaplaincy counselling and anti-stigma events,
- a female-centered wellness program in residence, and
- a weekly wellness program hosted by the Science Society.
Visit the fund website to learn more, view funded proposals, and submit an application.