Friends and colleagues of Bernie Mulligan are soliciting donations to help the UWindsor staffer with costs related to his treatment for cancer.
Mulligan, a carpenter in Facility Services, is extremely sick, says Sandy Power, one of his co-workers seeking donations from members of the campus community.
“The physicians here haven’t provided any chances of hope,” she says. “Bernie and his family have decided to participate in an experimental treatment” not covered by public health insurance.
The group will accept donations all this week, Power says: “Every little bit helps.” In addition, the Document Imaging Centre has produced booklets for well-wishers to send a message to Mulligan and his family.
To make a donation or sign a booklet, contact:
- Debbie Dagenais, Maintenance Department, ext. 2850
- Dollie Digou or Laurie McGhee, CAW Student Centre information desk, ext. 3235
- Lucy Formicuccia, Leddy Library, ext. 3165
- Rick Mallat, St. Denis Centre, ext. 2454
- James McGinlay, Residence Services, ext. 3278
- Sandy Power, IT Services, ext. 2773
- Linda Ruccolo, Telecommunications, ext. 4000
- Sue Skrobiak, Odette School of Business, ext. 3097
The group plans to present the funds raised to Mulligan on Monday, April 2.