Dec 19th, 2013
The need is out there. In 2012, local food banks funded by United Way received 165,112 visits. The charity supports community services in Windsor and Essex County, and needs the support of UWindsor faculty and staff to continue its work.
The campus campaign is offering a catered coffee break to the department which records the highest increase in United Way participation.
An individual pledge of $2 per pay period qualifies employee donors for a prize draw offering:
- three separate chances to win an extra day's vacation;
- two separate chances to win two tickets to each of the University Players three productions in winter semester;
- four separate chances to win a pair of tickets to a concert presented by the School for Arts and Creative Innovation
- a pass for a year’s free parking on campus;
- one year’s membership in the Forge Fitness Centre.
The deadline for contributions to qualify is January 10. Contact your canvasser for more information or to submit your pledge form.