Students, faculty and alumni of UWindsor arts programs will showcase their talents during the Artistry of Windsor-Essex Reception honouring former chancellor Eric Jackman, November 23 at Caesars Windsor.
The event will benefit the Windsor Endowment for the Arts and recognizes Dr. Jackman’s long history of cultural philanthropy.
Drama professor Lionel Walsh will act as master of ceremonies, and acting students will perform a dramatic presentation directed by associate professor Gina Lori Riley. Entitled Five Characters in Search of a Resplendent Man, it honours the benefactor for whom the Jackman Dramatic Art Centre is named and will feature:
- Abby Weisbrot as Mademoiselle Genevieve d’Avignon, 1272;
- Katie Timms as Signorina Caterina de Medici, Firenze, 1530;
- Natalia Bushnik, pictured at right, as Lady Gwendolyn Wishfor, London, 1765;
- Keifer MacDonald as Lord Wilfred Writeswell, Newcastle, 1897; and
- Eden Broda as Miss Molly Buchanan, New York, 1925.
Visual arts graduates Chantelle Boismier (2015), Megan Bozzetto (2007), Ron Dufault (1995), Nancy Johns (1990), Donna Jeane Mayne (1992) and Mike Marcon (2013) will exhibit works for sale in a variety of media.
And members of the School of Creative Arts jazz combo will perform, including:
- vocalist Lisette Gagnon and percussionist Brandon Lefrançois, fourth-year BMus students;
- faculty member pianist Michael Karloff; and
- music alumni soprano Erin Armstrong Dikau (BMus 2007), pictured at left, and guitarist Tyler Sasso (BMus 2013).
The reception runs 6:30 to 9 p.m. in the Augustus Room, Caesars Windsor, 377 Riverside Drive East. Tickets are $75, available until November 16 by calling Lori Kidwell at 519-903-3173 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.