Giving to United Way is a way to pay back a community that has been supportive of his career, says Kai Hildebrandt, a professor emeritus in the Department of Communication, Media, and Film—and a generous donor to the campus United Way campaign.
“I support the United Way because over my career in Windsor I have been so lucky to benefit from the community,” he says. “A community includes both the fortunate and the less fortunate, and we need to take care of each other!”
UWindsor employees have received pledge forms in electronic and paper formats, calling on them to support United Way in its bold action against poverty in Windsor-Essex. Those who respond with a donation will be automatically entered into a draw for these prizes:
- a Garmin Vivofit fitness band
- a Keurig 2.0 Coffee Brew System
- XL Soundblade Portable Blue Tooth Speaker
- iPad Mini
- Apple TV
- Mezzo Ristorante and Lounge gift card
- Sony Blu-Ray Disc/DVD Player
- My Passport Ultra one-terabyte portable hard drive
- a portable charger
- a Cuisinart toaster
- Sony noise-cancelling headphones
- a pass for six months’ free parking on campus;
- an extra day’s vacation;
- two separate chances to win a ticket to each of the University Players three productions in winter semester;
- four separate chances to win two-ticket passes to the School of Creative Arts music concert of your choice;
- one year’s membership in the Forge Fitness Centre.
The draw is scheduled for the campaign wrap event on December 1. For more information on how to give to United Way, contact Sheri Lowrie, co-chair of the campus campaign, at email@example.com or 519-253-3000, ext. 6730.