Graduates of the University of Windsor are prominent among the list of young civic-minded individuals to be honoured at an awards night Wednesday, March 28, at Caesars Windsor.
Leadership Windsor/Essex, a program of United Way, has named 40 Leaders Under 40 in recognition not only of their professional achievements, but for giving back to their community in meaningful ways.
Recipients were selected based on three main criteria, says director Sherrilynn Colley-Vegh: active community involvement, meaningful impact on the community as a result of their leadership and personal actions, and inspiring others with their leadership and advocacy on key issues facing the community.
“These diverse, talented, innovative young leaders are valuable assets to our community and it’s a wonderful opportunity to celebrate their success,” she says.
Among the honorees are Vincent Georgie (MBA 2004), director of the School of Creative Arts, and Nour Hachem-Fawaz (BA 2010), employer relations co-ordinator for engineering in Co-operative Education and Workplace Partnerships.
Other UWindsor grads on the list include:
- Michael Bennett (BA 2007, MSW 2012)
- Katharen Bortolin (BA 2013, MBA 2016)
- Jeremy Bracken (BComm 2006)
- Cessidia De Biasio (BSW 2015)
- Sara Grace Donally (MBA 2017)
- Natasha E Feghali (BA 2004, BED 2008)
- Celesta Gaba (BComm 2013)
- Alison Hunter (B.ED 2002)
- Zain Ismail (BComm 2012)
- Lina-Marie Mastronardi (MHK 2005)
- Sarah Morris (BA 2012)
- Sarah Mushtaq (BAS 2016)
- Sierra Parr (BA 2015)
- Kara Picco (BSc 2015)
- Myla Picco (BA 2014, JD 2017)
- Yvonne Pilon (BComm 2007)
- Austin Roth (BHK 2015)
The awards dinner begins at 6 p.m. Tickets are $75, available for purchase through March 22 on the event website.