Linda Coltman, a graduate student of political science, saw Thursday’s DailyNews puzzle coming and going, and has won the prize pack of swag donated by the alumni office.
Coltman’s entry was drawn from all those which correctly solved these “Before and After” clues, which called on contestants to supply answers combining two phrases that share a common word.
- Access to justice academy leads to long-running Sam Waterston procedural: Faculty of Law & Order. The legal drama Law & Order aired for 20 seasons before its cancellation in 2010.
- Seventh president cheers on Mr. Hockey: Robert Gordon Howe. Gordie Howe played 25 years with the Detroit Red Wings and is a 23-time NHL all-star.
- Physics home building to music’s best-selling duo: Essex Hall and Oates. Hall and Oates have sold an estimated 40 million records.
- Acting training ground produces Trump’s how-to business book: School of Dramatic Art of the Deal. Donald Trump’s 1987 memoir reached no. 1 on the New York Times best seller list.
- Lancer colours run to Olympic top prize: Blue and gold medal. Canadian athletes have won 137 gold medals at the summer and winter games.
Coltman will receive a package that includes a lunch bag, notebook, water bottle, soup bowl and spoon, all bearing the imprimatur of the University of Windsor Alumni Association.