International students represent about 3.3 per cent of the Windsor-Essex population — more than twice the national level.
A public forum Jan. 23 will consider the challenges and opportunities this poses to policymakers, educators, and service providers.
The Building Migrant Resilience in Cities Windsor City Network will host the discussion of how to promote international students’ resilience, employment, and transition to permanent residence. From 9 a.m. to noon in Katzman Lounge, Vanier Hall.
Geography professor Valerie Preston of York University, principal investigator, will moderate a discussion by panelists:
- Chris Busch, UWindsor acting associate vice-president, enrolment
- Ron Seguin, vice president of international relations, campus development and student services, St. Clair College
- Paul Davidson, president of Universities Canada
- Sutama Ghosh, associate professor in the Department of Geography and Environmental Studies, Ryerson University
- Wesam AbdElhamid Mohamed, international students’ commissioner, Canadian Federation of Students
The event is free and open to the public; register at https://tinyurl.com/uu5xh4w.