Oliga Tserakhava, captain of the Bingo4Health team in human resources, has been emailing its members a daily reminder to complete the challenges along with suggestions accommodate them to lifestyles and make the activities fun and easy.
“For the walking requirement, I listed some things to do around your neighbourhood if you have kids,” she says. “For the dance party, I found some tunes from different musical periods.”
The competition has fielded 25 teams of five faculty or staff members each, with daily activities to promote mental and physical wellness through the month of March. The team that finishes with the most points will receive a free luncheon, compliments of the Office of the President.
“I just love what Oliga is doing,” says organizer Mona Sleiman. “Her creativity will help her teammates stay motivated and engaged while achieving success.”
The challenges continue next week with:
- Put that phone away to sleep well Monday: No cellphones in your bedroom while sleeping.
- Reconnect Tuesday: Reach out to a colleague or former colleague who you haven’t talked with in the past three months.
- Plant-based Wednesday: Be vegan today — eat no animal products.
- Strike a pose Thursday: Hold a pose (e.g. plank, V-up, wall sit) for one minute at the top of each hour of the workday.
- Pay it forward Friday: Perform one random act of kindness.
Captains must collect the individual tracking sheets from team members and forward the compiled results to firstname.lastname@example.org on Monday morning.