Applications are now open for the 2022-23 Ontario Remembrance Scholarships, which carry an award of $10,000.
The Province of Ontario created the scholarship to commemorate the talent lost in the Jan. 8, 2020, Ukrainian airliner crash near Tehran, Iran. Victims of the crash included 57 Canadians and 34 people employed or studying at universities and colleges in Ontario, including five from the UWindsor community.
The University of Windsor has been provided four dedicated scholarships (three for international students and one domestic) to be awarded based on demonstrated financial need and merit, which may include academic achievement and leadership demonstrated through extracurricular activities and community involvement.
- Currently enrolled and studying full-time (in a minimum of 3.0 credits over the fall and winter terms) in any undergraduate degree program at the University of Windsor.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of at least 70 per cent.
- Leadership skills demonstrated through a written submission to include a detailed account of extracurricular activities and community involvement.
The deadline to apply is Friday, Aug. 26:
- Log in to www.student.uwindsor.ca
- Navigate to Student Homepage > Award Profile > Start an Award Profile Form
For additional resources on how to apply and for dates on upcoming drop-in sessions for one-on-one assistance, visit uwindsor.ca/studentawards/381/uwinawardapplication.