University of Windsor faculty, staff, and retirees will receive additional benefits for unforeseen medical emergencies while travelling, under enhancements to coverage by Green Shield Canada.
Effective Jan. 1, the insurer enhanced its standard product for travel out of province or country.
The changes include:
- $75,000 medical referral, up from $50,000
- Inclusion of $350 per stay hospital incidental coverage
- $10,000 private duty nursing, up from $5,000
- Inclusion of paramedical services at $500 per profession per emergency for physiotherapy, chiropractor, osteopath, and podiatrist or chiropodist
- Return of a travel companion will be included at a one-way economy ticket
- Increase to return of deceased benefit from $5,000 to $15,000 for preparation and transportation; pet return up to $500
- Increase to dental accident maximum from $2,000 to $2,500 and inclusion of treatment of dental pain to $500
- Meals and accommodation maximum will increase from $150 per day for 10 days to $250 per day up to $5,000 per trip
Plans members will receive updated booklets the next time plans are amended.
Find more information on travel policies on the Green Shield website at www.greenshield.ca.