The Office of Open Learning is celebrating its 10 year anniversary supporting the campus in exploring digital and hybrid teaching and learning, and open educational practices, and is inviting the UWindsor community to join in, Tuesday, March 7, from noon to 4 p.m. in room 1232, Centre for Engineering Innovation.
Director Nick Baker will kick off the celebration by announcing the next round of grants available to support digital and open pedagogies, open educational resource development, and exploring approaches to decolonized and equitable use of technology in teaching. The office will also announce the launch of the new Humanizing Digital Learning Certificate and of course, there will be coffee and cupcakes.
Open Learning is also hosting a series of online and hybrid events showcasing open practices during Open Education Week, March 6 to 10, including student and faculty perspectives on Open Educational Resources, showcasing some of the incredible work done by UWindsor faculty and students creating open resources, the tools and support available for anyone wanting to build their own or adapt existing resources for their classes, and approaches to open scholarship.
“We are excited to welcome people to join us online or in person to discuss or try out technology or even start creating a digital resource,” says Mark Lubrick, a learning specialist in the Office of Open Learning. “Whether you are interested in creating high quality videos or podcasts, creating interactions, trying out ChatGPT, or just stopping by to chat, we encourage everyone to stop by the first floor of the CEI at 700 California Ave. to see what supports are available.”
Most of the workshops offer both an online or in-person option and some are open to a global audience. Find out more about the workshops and sign up using the links below:
- March 6 – Panel on creating and using open educational resources: Student perspective
- March 6 – Why Should I Consider open educational resources?
- March 7 – Come try our technology
- March 7- The Office of Open Learning 10-year celebration
- March 8 – Create a resource: Live support to create a resource you need
- March 8 – Original and Contemporary Land Acknowledgements
- March 9 – Using Pressbooks for creating open educational resources
- March 9- Open Educational Practices and Resources for accessibility, equity, inclusiveness, and social justice
- Mar 10 – Panel on creating and using open educational resources: Instructor perspective
- Mar 10 – An Introduction to Open Scholarship