A fund for projects that promote safety for women on campus will make monies available for Welcome Week and fall-winter semester initiatives.
The Women’s Campus Safety Grant Committee invites creative, innovative proposals from members of the University community, including faculty or staff individuals or groups and student organizations.
The committee, established to address women’s safety issues on campus, creates, promotes and improves facilities, programs and services at the University of Windsor. The Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities provides an annual grant of $64,000 to support efforts in addressing sexual violence and making the campus safer.
In accordance with the parameters set by the ministry, submissions are required to support one of the following broad categories or objectives:
- Awareness or education (e.g., workshops, websites, awareness campaigns)
- Student services and supports (e.g., Campus-Walk safe programs, sexual assault prevention initiatives, volunteer training, resource materials)
- Facilities and equipment (e.g., lighting, mirrors, security cameras, emergency phones)
Applications for funding requests are accepted on an ongoing basis from the Office of Human Rights, Equity and Accessibility.
- by e-mail to email@example.com,
- or by calling 519-253-3000, ext. 2056.
The deadline for the special round of submissions is July 6. Funded projects must be completed and invoices paid by March 15, 2018.