An initial cross-campus cohort of Open Learning Digital Fluency Fellows will build local strategic capacity for humanizing online learning experiences, while contributing to a larger eCampus Ontario-funded Humanizing Learning project with six partner institutions across the province.
Led by a collaborative UWindsor team of Nick Baker, Dave Cormier, and Bonnie Stewart, the fellows will engage in a series of multi-institutional conversations that focus on practices for humanizing online learning. They will bring aspects of the provincial project conversations back to the campus community: look for their reflections and takeaways on the Open Learning blog throughout fall 2021:
- Lilian Bahgat (Law - Community Legal Aid)
- Naved Bakali (Faculty of Education)
- Michelle Bondy (School of the Environment - Faculty of Science)
- Caiti Casey (Student Success and Leadership)
- Natalie Delia Deckard (Department of Sociology, Anthropology, Criminology)
- Ehab Elsaid (Odette School of Business)
- Abdul Gilzay (School of Social Work)
- Catherine Heard (School of Creative Arts)
- Lindsey Jaber (Faculty of Education)
- Ofelia Jianu (Faculty of Engineering - Mechanical, Automotive and Materials Engineering)
- Tranum Kaur (Faculty of Science - Chemistry and Biochemistry)
- Phebe Lam (Office of Student Experience; Faculty of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences)
- Terri Lawrence (Faculty of Nursing, Biomedical Sciences, Integrative Biology)
- Joelle Nagle (Faculty of Education)
- Gina Pittman (Faculty of Nursing)
- Anouchka Plumb (Centre for English Language Development)
- Sara Scharoun-Benson (Faculty of Human Kinetics - Department of Kinesiology)
- Jill Singleton-Jackson (Psychology and FAHSS Dean's Office)
- Maureen Sterling (Odette School of Business)
- Catherine Vanner (Faculty of Education)
This project received $200,000 in funding as part of the Ontario Government’s $50 million Virtual Learning Strategy.
For more information on the Open Learning Digital Fluency Fellows or humanizing online learning, contact Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org), Cormier (email@example.com), or Stewart (firstname.lastname@example.org).