Chantal Vallée, head coach of Lancer women’s basketball, will try a new experience this summer, providing on-air analysis during CTV’s broadcast of Olympic women’s basketball.
“I am thrilled about this new adventure and for the chance to share in the Olympic Games this year,” says Vallée. “I'm honoured that CTV and producer Gord Cutler has given me this opportunity. It will be great exposure for our program, our university and our city. I am looking forward to this new challenge and to experience the Olympics in a different capacity than solely a viewer and fan.”
Vallée will work alongside play-by-play announcer Paul Jones to call Team Canada’s games from the CTV studio in Toronto.
Canada will play in Pool B for five round-robin games before the medal round begins. Here is the schedule, all game starts indicated as Eastern Daylight Time:
- July 28 vs. Russia, 6:15 a.m. on CTV, Cogeco cable 13
- July 30 vs. Great Britain, 3 p.m. on CTV, Cogeco cable 13
- August 1 vs. France, 4 a.m. on CTV, Cogeco cable 13
- August 3 vs. Brazil, 9:30 a.m. on Sportsnet, Cogeco cable 54
- August 5 vs. Australia, 9:30 a.m. on Sportsnet, Cogeco cable 54