Organizers of Accessibility Awareness Day, March 5 on the University of Windsor campus, have issued a call for proposals inviting presenters to share their expertise and experiences on the theme “Building an Accessible Community.”
The interactive day will provide an opportunity for members of the University community as well as members of the broader Windsor-Essex community to come together to learn about and discuss accessibility initiatives.
Topics to be discussed include:
- the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and regulations;
- innovations in assistive technologies;
- accessible education and Universal Instructional Design;
- accessible employment practices;
- web accessibility; and
- building partnerships in accessibility—both internal and external to organizations.