Aug 22nd, 2013
The Centre for Smart Community Innovation is seeking students to fill four paid part-time internships.
The positions require some technological knowledge, says intelligent community engagement coordinator Cathy Loewen. The interns will be required to complete weekly reports on their activities for the funding agency Industry Canada, which will include:
- offering basic computer and internet training to the general public and staff;
- researching and developing websites, web pages and social media links for organizations or small businesses;
- setting up hardware and software, as well as network troubleshooting;
- promoting awareness of e-commerce to local small businesses;
- developing marketing strategies and promotional materials.
The positions run through March 2014 and are open to post-secondary students and graduates under 30 years old.
To apply, e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, August 23.