Nina Korac, special projects co-ordinator in the Office of the Vice Provost, International Development, won Monday’s DailyNews quiz contest and the prize of a Canada 150 T-shirt.
Korac’s entry was drawn from all those which correctly identified:
- one-half as the proportion of Canadian flag made up of its central white field;
- 1975 as the year the beaver was officially named a symbol of Canadian sovereignty;
- “thy sons” as the lyrics of O Canada threatened by Bill C-210;
- lacrosse as Canada’s national summer sport;
- the generic maple as the country’s official tree;
- the Maple Leaf Tartan as an official national symbol since 2011; and
- the gray jay as Canadian Geographic’s recommendation for national bird of Canada.
She will receive the Canadian-designed shirt, made by the Dubwear Clothing Co. and available for purchase from the Campus Bookstore for $10.95.