Soccer fans will gather in the International Student Centre through June to watch the World Cup, live from Russia.
“It’s more fun to watch with a group, cheering for your team and maybe booing the others,” says staffer Deena Wang. “Everyone is invited to join us for the action!”
The centre will screen the following group stage contests:
- June 18, Tunisia vs. England, 2 p.m.
- June 19, Russia vs. Egypt, 2 p.m.
- June 20, Uruguay vs. Saudi Arabia, 11 a.m.; Iran vs. Spain, 2 p.m.
- June 21, France vs. Peru, 11 a.m.; Argentina vs. Croatia, 2 p.m.
- June 22, Nigeria vs. Iceland, 11 a.m.
- June 25 Saudi Arabia vs. Egypt, 10 a.m.; Iran vs. Portugal, 2 p.m.
- June 26, Denmark vs. France, 10 a.m.; Nigeria vs. Argentina, 2 p.m.
- June 27, South Korea vs. Germany, 10 a.m.; Serbia vs. Brazil, 2 p.m.
- June 28, England vs. Belgium, 2 p.m.
The World Cup is a quadrennial soccer tournament contested by the men’s national teams of the members of FIFA, the French acronym for the International Federation of Association Football.