Through the Student Mental Health Strategy Fund, the University of Windsor is investing year over year into the priority of student mental health on campus. The University invests $24,000 each year to fund projects and initiatives that align with the Student Mental Health Strategy.
In the Winter 2020 application term, $14,000 was disbursed to student groups and departments to fund prevention and early intervention efforts and enhance mental health services. Funded initiatives include:
- a therapy dog to support students in the Faculty of Engineering,
- a UWindsor student recovery community start up,
- a Muslim chaplaincy’s educational program to provide culturally competent pastoral care,
- female-centred programing in residence to empower students and increase mental health awareness, and
- an event to provide students with opportunities to de-stress while learning about mental health resources.
View the website to learn more about this funding opportunity, view funded proposals, and submit an application.
The Student Mental Health Strategy Fund has issued a call for students, faculty, and staff to submit proposals for projects that foster a community of caring and promote campus mental health. For consideration in the next application term, apply by Oct. 1, 2020.