A number of events this week will celebrate the cultural diversity of the campus community.
Viva Cultural Diversity Week is a project of the University of Windsor Students’ Alliance, coinciding with International Education Week.
Among the highlights:
- The International Student Society, Volunteer International Student Assistance, English Language Improvement Program, Golden Key International Honour Society, Turtle Island and the Syrian Student Society will set up info booths in the CAW Student Centre Commons from noon to 2 p.m. today, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- The Leamington Italian Choir will perform and Kathryn Pasquach will conduct a workshop on dream catchers today in the CAW Student Centre Commons from noon to 2 p.m.
- The Multi-Faith Space on the lower level of the centre will host a prayer session from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m.
- Bollywood Movie Night will screen the 2001 feature Dil Chahta Hai, Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. in the Ambassador Auditorium.
- Campus Recreation will hold a demonstration of some of its fitness and instructional programs, Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. in the Ambassador Auditorium.
- Wednesday also marks Wear Your Favoùrite National Jersey Day”: students, staff and faculty are invited to wear a sports jersey representing their nationality.
- Thursday, Cutting Chai will hold a workshop on Bollywood-style dance in the Ambassador Auditorium at 7:30 p.m.
Even the Thursday Scholar pub will get in on the act with special ethnic-themed menus: Chinese cuisine Tuesday, Caribbean chicken and rice Wednesday, and bratwurst with cole slaw and potato salad Thursday.