The Organization of Part-time University Students (OPUS) invites the campus community to attend the 20th Annual OPUS Awards Banquet, Thursday, March 15, at the Caboto Club.
All faculty, staff, alumni and part-time undergraduate students are welcome to attend and support their peers at this free event, but seating is limited and filling quickly.
To reserve a place, please contact OPUS staff at 519-971-3603 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday, February 20.
This year’s OPUS award recipients are:
- OPUS Friend of Students Award: Gregory Marcotte (Registrar)
- OPUS Teacher of the Year Award: Stephen Brooks (Political Science)
- OPUS Volunteer of the Year Award: Barbara Maitre, OPUS volunteer
- OPUS Faculty Awards: Erica Stevens (Dramatic Arts) and Randy Lippert (Sociology, Anthropology & Criminology)
- OPUS Support Staff Awards: John Powell (Public Affairs and Communications), and Joyce Pohjola (Catering Services)
- OPUS Disability Campus Community Recognition Award: Rosemary Briscoe (Campus Police)
- OPUS Student with Disability Achievement Award: Paul Cowan, part-time student
- Alumni Association Academic Achievement Award: Mike Binder, part-time student
- Alumni Association First Year Part-time Undergraduate Student Award: Brittany Lepera, part-time student
- OPUS Wayne Girard Leadership Memorial Award: Ferial Bachir, part-time student
- OPUS Ken Long Memorial Award: Lisa Milne, part-time student
- Dr. Kathleen McCrone Award (OPUS): Helen Girgenti, part-time student
- OPUS Appreciation Award: Vajo Stajic, OPUS Director at Large
- OPUS Bursaries 2012 (valued at $500 each) were given to 10 part-time undergraduate students including two international and one distance ed, chosen based on financial need (two sponsored by Alumni Association).
The program begins at 5:30 p.m. with dinner to follow. The Caboto Club is located at 2175 Parent Avenue at Tecumseh Road. For more information please visit http://www.uwindsor.ca/opus.