With Saturday’s Fall Convocation coming up, finding an appropriate gift for a graduate can be a chore—but it’s a chore the staff of the University Bookstore are eager to help with.
“We have a lot of great, useful products that are equally timeless,” says Shirley Bott, general merchandise buyer. “Students and their parents can keep wonderful memories of their time here at the university.”
The go-to place for UWindsor apparel, school supplies and much more, the bookstore suggests these five best-sellers:
- The Grad Bear ($24.95): A warm, cuddly congratulations to all graduates! Whether it is on display or in your arms, this furry friend will last a lifetime.
- Diploma frame ($93.95): You’ve done the hard work, now protect it! This professional-quality diploma frame will guard against damage and will maintain your document's appearance.
- UWindsor Breast Cancer Awareness USB drive ($6.99): Convenient, handy and for a good cause! Store your pictures and support breast cancer research with this portable 4 GB USB drive.
- Lancer zip-up hoodie ($89.95): Keep warm this winter! Made from quality material, this Lancer Under Armour zip-up hoodie is convenient for the icy fall and winter temperatures.
- My Kid and My Money go to the University of Windsor mug ($6.25): And a reminder that family support is appreciated, graduates and students can show gratitude to theirr parents with this ceramic mug, perfect for a warm drink or a good laugh over memories.
To purchase these items and more, visit the UWindsor Bookstore in the Odette Building, at the intersection of Sunset Avenue and Wyandotte Street or browse online. The bookstore will also maintain a sales table in the St. Denis Centre during Saturday’s Convocation, and is now accepting orders for class rings.
— article and photo by Chantelle Myers