To help promote new services available through Document Imaging, the department is offering a free poster with each order of $100, excluding stationery and CourseWare.
Document Imaging, the University’s on-campus print service, now offers perfect binding to add a professional finish to books and thick documents, foiling in a variety of colours to add sparkle to flyers and brochures, and foam board mounting to add heft to posters, signs and photographs.
“Our staff has put our heads together to come up with new products to diversify our services,” says office coordinator Lorraine Cantin. “We can print on a special canvas that makes your image look like an oil painting!”
The poster giveaway is an 11 x 17 inch poster, customized with the logo of the appropriate department and mounted on foam board. It bears a message that Cantin hopes will demonstrate to student clients their importance to offices across campus:
- You are the most important people in this office.
- You are not dependent on us, we are dependent on you.
- You are not an interruption of our work, you are the purpose of it.
- We are not doing a favour by helping you, you are doing us a favour by giving us the opportunity to do so.
- You are someone who brings us your needs, it is our job to handle them effectively that we may both benefit.
“I hope people will want to display these someplace where the students can see it,” she says. “It really ties in with our service excellence initiatives.”
Cantin says the posters are also available for purchase at $15 each. To learn more about how you can qualify for a free poster—one per departmental office though March—contact her at 519-253-3000, ext. 2102, or firstname.lastname@example.org.