As pressures from school and life build, people often experience anxiety. Three doctoral students in psychology are hoping weekly group sessions can help.
PhD candidates Shawn Harrington, Lauren Wysman and Ula Khayyat are running the Stress and Anxiety Reduction Group under the supervision of Annette Dufresne of the Psychological Services and Research Centre.
The group is open to students as well as the wider community and meets Mondays from 5 to 6:30 p.m. in the house at 336 Sunset Avenue, with a different topic each week:
- March 3, Procrastination and school/work stress
- March 10, Moving beyond your anxiety and stress.
- March 17, Building distress tolerance and stress management skills.
- March 24, Self-criticism and how it gets in the way.
- March 31, Social anxiety and interpersonal issues.
The organizers welcome drop-ins, but encourage participants to reserve a spot by e-mailing email@example.com.