Summer is half-gone, so if you want to take advantage of the many opportunities in Essex County to enjoy the season, it’s time to start scheduling.
DailyNews is pleased to offer readers a guide to some upcoming weekend activities in the form of a quiz with a prize package provided by the Office of Alumni Affairs. Up for grabs is a collection of UWindsor-themed items, including a double-wall acrylic tumbler with straw and stopper—perfect to rehydrate on a hot day; a ballpoint pen with metallic finish, comfort grip and gold-plated trim; a metal key ring and a quilted carry-all tote. Its laminated material is water-resistant, making it ideal for a picnic or a trip to the pool.
To enter, simply answer these questions about Essex County events. The winner will be selected at random from all correct responses received by noon Wednesday, July 23.
- Explore the Shore, July 26 and 27, will direct visitors through the hamlets, wineries, farms and orchards lining Lake Erie along which historic road?
- County Road 50
- Highway #2
- Sandwich Street
- Talbot Trail
- Military Heritage Days, August 2 and 3, will dust off the muskets and cannons for tactical demonstrations and unique children’s activities at which Amherstburg historic site?
- Fort Malden
- the Navy Yard
- North American Black Historical Museum
- Park House Museum
- On August 10, the John R. Park Homestead Conservation Area will offer demonstrations of 19th century craft during the Lost Arts Festival and social dedicated to which local fruit?
- The Essex County Steam and Gas Engine Show, August 8 to 10 in McGregor, will feature a flea market, bake sale, craft show, threshing demonstrations and a parade of classic cars and vintage farm equipment. A traditional “pull” will feature what type of vehicles?
- August 16 and 17, Windsor’s downtown will be taken over by giant inflatables during which festival of fun and food?
- Dirigible Days
- Whole Lotta Zeppelin
- What is the name of the mascot for the Tecumseh Corn Festival, promising hot buttered corn-on-the-cob, a pageant and midway carnival from August 21 to 24?
- Colonel Cobb
- Green Giant
- Running August 28 to 31 with a theme of “Generation to Generation,” this year the Harrow Fair will celebrate which anniversary of this long-running annual tradition?
Contest is open to all readers of the DailyNews. Send an e-mail with your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org. One entry per contestant, please. Note: the decision of the judge in determining the most correct response is inviolable.