Nov 5th, 2014
A series of nine workshops will help faculty in the social sciences, humanities and health fields prepare outstanding proposals for research funding. The Grant Writing Group will meet one Friday morning each month, starting November 21 and running through July.
Participants will work with experts and other researchers, with tentative topics including:
- Writing research objectives
- Significance and outcomes
- Choosing the right grant
- Research team and environment
- Writing theory and methods for non-experts
- Plans for dissemination and outreach
- Mentoring student researchers
- Budgets 101
Priority will be given to instructors who have been in a tenure-track position for less than five years and those who commit to attending all the workshops.
To register, contact Eleanor Maticka-Tyndale, associate dean of research, Faculty of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, at 519-253-3000, ext. 2034, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.