Xana Ouellette is no ordinary Muggle. The kinesiology student used her knowledge of the wizarding world to ace Monday’s DailyNews quiz and will receive her prize—a copy of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child—from the Campus Bookstore once it is available for release August 2.
Ouellette’s entry was drawn from all those which correctly noted these details from the iconic book series that went unmentioned in its film adaptations:
- b) Members of Gryffindor house sing “Weasley is our King” after keeper Ron Weasley shuts down the Ravenclaw side to win the Quidditch Cup.
- c) The Marauders’ Map is the work of Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs—Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, Sirius Black, and James Potter.
- b) Hermione Granger is the founder of the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare.
- d) Fred and George mock the idea that Harry is the heir of Slytherin and walk ahead of him in the hall, warning schoolmates “seriously evil wizard coming through.”
- c) Severus Snape is a Prince on his mother’s side, making him the titular “Half-Blood Prince.”
- c) Hermione and Ron serve as Gryffindor’s prefects in their fifth year.
- a) Animagus Rita Skeeter is able to take the form of a beetle.
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the script of the stage play set 19 years after the events of Deathly Hallows. The Campus Bookstore is offering the book at $23.75, a discount of more than 40 percent off the $39.99 list price. Reserve your copy online.