With the start of semester just days away, it’s time for instructors to reserve any media and audio-visual equipment they need to teach their classes, says Darrel Laurendeau, director of Media and Educational Technologies. His unit formally partnered with Information Technology Services in March 2016.
Laurendeau suggests two ways to book equipment or services:
- Call media coordinator Jacqueline Christie at 519-253-3000, ext. 3044, to reserve what you need.
- Go the website www.uwindsor.ca/met and hit the “Request a Service” link on the right side of the page to enter the online Service Request System.
The website also boasts a database that inventories the equipment in each classroom as well as instruction sheets on how to operate the equipment.
For a one-on-one refresher of any AV equipment, book a consultation with Stephanie Parent at 519-253-3000, ext. 3051.
The Service Request System also allow users to access:
- Special Event Support
- Video Recording Services
- Video Production
- Teleconferencing & Videoconferencing
- Classroom Support
- Studio Bookings
- Communication Technologies Engineering Consultations
The Centre for Teaching and Learning remains focused on faculty development and pedagogical and academic support, says Laurendeau. He suggests these key contacts:
Media and Educational Technologies
- Media and AV bookings: Jacqueline Christie at 519-253-3000, ext. 3044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Classroom technology issues: Stephanie Parent at 519-253-3000, ext. 3051, email@example.com, or S.Parent@uwindsor.ca.
- Darrel Laurendeau, director of Media and Educational Technologies, Darrel.Laurendeau@uwindsor.ca.
Centre for Teaching and Learning