To welcome the start of Winter 2017 semester, DailyNews is pleased to offer readers a chance to win a prize package, courtesy of the Office of Alumni Affairs and Donor Communications.
A cool brushed aluminum 10x15 cm picture frame and a sturdy umbrella, both displaying UWindsor pride, are up for grabs.
To enter the contest, just answer the following questions inspired by the number 17. The winner will be selected at random from all correct responses received by 4 p.m. Monday, January 9.
- Which element has an atomic number of 17?
- Which form of Japanese poetry traditionally consists of 17 syllables?
- Which director was nominated for an Academy Award for his 1953 film Stalag 17?
a) John Huston
b) Charles Walters
c) William A. Wellman
d) Billy Wilder
e) William Wyler
- Which of these cribbage hands is worth 17 points?
a) A 3 3 4 4
b) 3 4 5 5 5
c) 3 4 5 6 7
d) 4 5 5 6 K
e) all of the above
- Which of these musical guests performed her song “At Seventeen” on the premiere episode of Saturday Night Live?
a) Bobbie Gentry
b) Janis Ian
c) Janis Joplin
d) Vicki Lawrence
e) Jeannie C. Riley
Contest is open to all readers of the DailyNews. Send an e-mail with your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org. One entry per contestant, please. Note: the decision of the judge in determining the most correct response is inviolable.